SignalR Mastery: Become A Pro In Real-Time Web Development
Lessons from a Microsoft MVP
What you’ll learn
- Methods of building real-time web applications
- SignalR configuration and client/server infrastructure
- Managing connections and users
- Optimizing workflows for performance
- How to scale SignalR for larger deployments
- Implementing SignalR into non-web apps
- Basic understanding of C#
- Basic understanding of ASP NET Core
Welcome to SignalR Mastery: Become a Pro in Real-Time Web Development!
The web isn’t static. As more and more people live and work on the internet, developers need to make an effort to build robust, adaptive applications that can keep up with the fast pace of business.
In the 2000s, it was perfectly acceptable for a page to be static. Imagine you’re working with a product inventory application. Are other people working against the same data? Can you be sure the current price of the product is valid? Did it change? How would you even know? Refresh the page to load updated data and see.
What if the page could… update itself? In real-time?
Once upon a time, this was a complicated solution to implement in a performant manner. Today, it’s as simple as creating a WebSocket!
How do you manage thousands or millions of WebSockets across multiple servers? Reliably? What if the environment cannot support a WebSocket connection? What do you fall back to?
SignalR is a library for .NET which allows developers to add real-time capabilities to their applications. It provides a framework for managing connections from various clients, including web pages, mobile apps, desktop applications, and more. It handles all of the grunt work.
In this course, we’ll take a structured look at how SignalR works and how you can harness it within your .NET applications.
Recently updated to support .NET 5, all the examples in this course will work with ASP.NET Core 2.2 and higher.
Who this course is for:
- .NET Core or .NET 5 developers who are interested in learning how to build real-time web applications.
Created by Kevin Griffin
Last updated 4/2021
Size: 7.17 GB